Friday, December 4, 2009

Coming Along

Well, this project has been a long time in the making, but I wanted to show you that I really am making progress.

This is where we're headed:


Photo Courtesy of www.purlbee.com. You can click here to find the pattern.


And this is where we are!



In the first picture, this bag looks like it should take approximately 30 minutes to create. But actually there is a mind-numbing amount of "chain 8 and attach" that I can only take for so long.

I love the quickness of crochet . . . the more immediate way you see a project come together. But after hours of this frantic hook, hook, hook, I'm longing for some of the long, fluid movements of knitting. Slower . . . but more soothing. Then, of course, when I'm driven crazy by the need to see my work come together a little more quickly, I pick up the crochet again. Nice tradeoff.

I needed a break from the hook, hook, hook of the grocery tote this weekend, so I picked up my old standby . . . the best dishcloth on the planet. Just enough of a quick, knitted project to keep me from losing my mind from "chain 8's."



And, of course, you can never have enough dishcloths!

No comments:

Post a Comment