Monday, December 20, 2010

Newest Crush


If there's anybody that's going to come to the party a day late and a dollar short, it's going to be me.

Which is why, of course, I am just now discovering the simple beauty of "baker's twine."  Absolutely charming, in the understated way that brown kraft paper or newspaper is a simple, charming wrapping paper.



Of course, once I finally began to notice this twine and find out its official "name," I see that it is everywhere. Shoot, I probably got a gift decorated with it last year and never batted an eye.



See what I mean . . . classic, simple, slightly rustic.  I love it!  Just love it!



Today, the sweetness of this unpretentious baker's twine is making me smile.





Now, here's hoping that I can find some. Because I really must have some for my neighbor gifts!!


7 comments:

  1. love love love baker's twine. Yes, Triple Love!! I always buy it at Michael's in the Martha Stewart section...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am with you on that...baker's twine is my ribbon of choice too....I sooooooo adore that love hot chocolate idea...I must remember that one. xoxoxoo HUGs my friend...find JOY this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele, now that you are showing and telling us about your Red & White twine,
    I can see why you have a crush on it.
    Happy Holiday Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my, gosh,
    My birthday is just around the corner
    but already my brain cells are on the fritz
    Shelley,
    I know Shelley, Shelley, Shelley in SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley~ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! Thanks for sharing this and to think I was going to do some wrapping but decided to take a look see on your blog! gaaaaa!! gonna do this girlie. Merry Christmas and Happy New year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. its so lovely id like some too! fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will also be purchasing this.
    I have never seen it either and I am in love with All Things Red.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete