This morning the day began with the dogs barking 10 minutes (10 minutes!!!) before my alarm was set to go off at 6:00 a.m. Feeling immensely sorry for myself, I laid back down at 5:55, turned off my alarm and decided to reward myself with 15 more minutes of sleep for my inconvenience.
Of course, I didn't awaken until I could hear the Man of the House clinking the shower door, and I remembered that I had promised him a hot breakfast.
I jumped up, got the pan ready for some scrumptious over-easy's, stuck in the toast . . . and found I was out of eggs and the one slice of bread left was a heel, slightly dry. Bon appetit, dear!
The precious time set aside for my sanity-saving morning walk had been slept away in my early morning pity party, and I could feel the day reeling out of control.
From there on, the day continued on with:
* Forgetting to bring a book to the doctor's office, resulting in a solid hour of staring at a wall chart showing the difference between the bone structure of flat feet and high arches before the nurse even made an appearance.
* Cleanup of 2 dog messes in the house from canines that are afraid to walk down the porch stairs in the snow.
* Driving a 10,000 pound, rear-wheel drive conversion van to a rural location over icy roads.
* Discovering that the basketball games scheduled for Thursday had refs who were scheduled to show up on Friday.
* And finding the grocery store flat out of bananas---flat out!---due to the Great Winter Storm of the South, 2014 edition.
Aren't you glad that God mercifully brings every set of 24 hours to a close and pushes the reset button, allowing the sun to disappear and reappear again in time for a fresh start the next morning?!
Yeah, I am too!
And Youngest Son, if you're reading this, yes, I shamelessly stole 3 of your sunset pictures. Today just might not be the day to make an issue of it!