Monday, November 30, 2009

Special Moments By the Sea

Let's see, can I get one more post about Hilton Head out here? Will you indulge me one more?

Or maybe I could just continue to post indefinitely about the wonders of salt air, sea and sand? Mmmmmm!

Here's just a little sampling of some special times over the Thanksgiving weekend.


Bare Feet In Ice Water: I don't know how those kids
stood it, but they ran in it, danced in it, jumped in it,
and never stopped giggling!



The Wonderful Haze of Spanish Moss:
It's everywhere,
and it makes for a wonderland . . . riding bikes along the paths,
the sun dappling in among the branches of the oaks and
glowing through the hanging moss.


Baby in a Basket: My bike basket as it looked
headed for the beach with Youngest Daughter's necessities.


Sunset, Sand and Shells at Twilight: Oldest Daughter
took this, laying down in the sand and gazing across sand,
shells and grasses into the setting sun. Mmmm!


My Girl: I love this girl. I loved watching her ride along
the edge of the surf, water spraying from the tires, wind
blowing the curling ends of her hair. I loved the way she
got us back to the condo . . . when I got us lost. I love her
beautiful common sense and her brilliant sense of direction.
This girl is my rock . . . my fun-loving, strength-giving,
stabilizing rock.

Red Rocker Overlooking Harbortown: This was such
a wonderful place to sit and take in all the sights and
sounds of the bustle of people and the gentle lapping of the
boats in the water.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights." James 1:17

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh.... those pictures give me a sense of peace that I am sorely lacking these days. We were supposed to spend our Thanksgiving at the beach, too, but life changed those plans.

    I am so glad you got to be in such a beautiful place for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your daughter's pic of the sunset. She has a very creative eye (hmm, wonder where she gets that from??!)

    Hang on to those memories --

    ReplyDelete