Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lockdown and a Warrior




I can't write when I'm stressed . . . or afraid.

Some people can. The words pour out. It's soothing and helps their mind un-knot.

Not me. It seems there is some sort of Guardian of the Grey Matter that senses struggle and immediately puts the brain into lockdown.


"We are now going into lockdown mode to protect our city. Nothing creative will come in, nor will anything creative slip out. This lockdown will be so complete that at times it will cause this brain to forget all medical, dental, and educational appointments and occasionally children's birth dates. But sanity will remain intact. And I will have done my job."

Signed - The Guardian of the Grey Matter


Hence, the long lapse in posting.

I tried to write. I clicked on "blogger." I stared at the screen. I could do no more than to croak out, "Hi."


* * * * *



But one thing I CAN do when going through life's struggles. I CAN find a truth and cling on to it. And to change metaphors now from a city to a body of water, this truth will keep me afloat and bring me safely out on the other side of trouble.

(Wait is it a metaphor . . . or a simile? An analogy? English 101, you've failed me!)

This time, the truth God gave me to cling to was:

"Do not be afraid or discouraged because of _____ (fill in the blank!! any person, place or thing will do!!), for there is a greater power with us than with him!! With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD OUR GOD to help us and to fight our battles!"

Wow!! It seems that I've written several times about the "knight in shining armor" concept. I now am beginning to understand that I actually have a true, never-tiring Warrior to fight for me, with unending strength, wisdom, love and courage.

And that, my friends, will give a girl confidence and security any day of the week!!

4 comments:

  1. I have missed your blogs! Hope all is well and will keep you in prayer. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there you are... sending you rainbows and sunshine and praying that you will feel peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's Post-traumatic-reading-Beth's-book-syndrome!? Ha Ha! On Insecurity of course:)
    I would love to talk to you more about that and will send you and email later with a good link. So glad you are back! I really do appreciate your authenticity here in blogland though Shelley! Sonshine all over you today! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I needed to hear today. Thanks for such a great post!

    ReplyDelete