Friday, November 5, 2010

Feeling Fall-ish


It happened quite out of the blue.

Last weekend we were wearing shorts and flip flops, with our hair tied back in ponytails, thinking smugly of relatives in Minnesota that were seeing snow outside their windows.

And then this week Fall swept in with a determination that shows she's here to stay.  Overcast skies, wet breezes that chill the bones, the smell of fireplace fires in the air.

And I'm feeling fall-ish . . . a most wonderful kind of feeling.

All of a sudden I found myself cooking creamy corn chowder, children were carving pumpkins, and dressing up as a frisky black cat, and I had a slice of a most delicious pumpkin cheesecake.

Fall is here, and, as usual, I find myself enchanted!

3 comments:

  1. Did you make the cheesecake? Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...I am drooling over the cheesecake. Got a recipe you can share?? Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pumpkin cheesecake = fall bliss. And i have been thinking about a ham/potato/cheese chowder lately that I need to dig out the recipe for. I'm loving days with hot tea, warm fleece throws, and all the beautiful oranges, golds and browns that I see everywhere!

    ReplyDelete