Monday, February 13, 2012
Can I Be Thankful on Valentine's Day?
There it was right on the teacher's web site when I pulled it up at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday night.
"Please bring valentines for your classmates on Monday. Remember those sweet bags we made last week? Well Monday we are going to fill them up with valentines from all of you."
Unbelievable. Valentines needed first thing in the a.m. No time to shop. Valentine-less child not an option. ("All of you" does not mean "all of you except Youngest Daughter.")
So, even though it is not the 4th Thursday of the month of November, I would like to express my thankfulness on this day-before-Valentine's-Day.
* I am thankful that in my distant past I thought I was a scrapbooker.
* I am thankful that 2 weeks ago I hid these dye-free lollipops high in the cupboard because the children appeared to be eating them instead of their 3 meals a day.
* I am thankful that while digging through a craft box I found small cellophane bags from a craft so far in the distant past that its memory completely escapes me.
* I am thankful that I bought the red curly ribbon giant jumbo roll at Target instead of the small, do-one-gift-only mini roll.
* I am thankful that since Valentine's Day specializes in sappy, corny sentiments I didn't have to try to be clever.
* I am thankful that under great emotional strain Middle Son agreed to plop all the lollipops head down in the cellophane bags.
* I am thankful that Youngest Daughter was willing to be 5 minutes late to school and help me tie red curly ribbon while waiting in the car.
* I am thankful that I have gotten through another school event without the teacher ever finding out how very much this mom doesn't have it together.