Friday, March 29, 2013

What To Do When Spring Just Won't Come

Okay, friends, here are some facts ---

I live in the sunny South

It is 2 days away from the end of March

The daffodils came up 2 months ago

It was 29 degrees out when I went out walking this morning

At some point, one must ask if spring is really ever coming at all this year or if it will be, in a Narnia-ish way, always winter and never Christmas.

In that spirit, I have come up with a few ideas of ways to continue to keep hope alive that spring may indeed arrive and that there will be days when I will walk out my front door and begin panting, wishing fervently for the chill of winter!

Idea #1 - Fill the house with daisies.




Or whatever flower says "spring" to you!!  Lots of them.





If spring won't bloom voluntarily on the outside, I say force it to bloom on the inside!!





This reminds me that somehow, somewhere the sun is shining and flowers are blooming in that warmth and may it come here quickly.




Idea #2 - Roll out the sugar cookie dough and cut out flowers.  Lots of them!!




And let the kids decorate in colors as bright and bold and (::ahem::) garish as they want, thick with sprinkles in combinations that make the eyes slightly dizzy.




If the grass refuses to be anything other than the color of khaki Docker's and the trees stay bare and brown, at least color and flowers will be exploding on the kitchen table!!




Idea #3 - Drink hot tea.  Lots of it!!




This tea especially.

Oooooh, yummy!!  I have been drinking this multiple times a day with generous ladle-ings of honey and cream, and it seems to be working.  I believe I have successfully tricked my insides into being warm enough to think spring is here and therefore prohibit them from striking and forcing me to stay in the bed, covers over the head, until the temperature outside registers at least a spring-like 68 degrees.

So that's how we're coping with the spring that's slow in coming this year!!

And I do believe it seems to be working.

How about you??  Have you found a way to bring spring inside??

2 comments:

  1. I love your blooms - the daisies (such a sweet flower), and the cookies are such great reminders that Spring is on it's way. Have a wonderful Resurection weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send you some of our sunny weather my friend...we are being blessed here....Many Easter Blessings to you my friend....xoxo

    ReplyDelete