Thursday, June 17, 2010

Spa Washcloth

I've been looking for a pattern for a spa-ish washcloth, and I've found just the perfect one.







Actually, no, it wasn't perfect. I fiddled with it and reworked it a little, and now I do think it is the perfect spa washcloth.






I used an eco-cotton that has just a little acrylic added so it has a little "scrub" to it, not the soft silkiness of a pima cotton. After all we want to slough off that dry skin and expose the dewy cells underneath, right?






You would like the pattern too? Of course, glad to share.







It's below. It works up quickly and is a perfect little project to practice some very simple "lace" stitches.

Enjoy!

Spa Washcloth:

On US 6 needles, cast on 35 stitches.

Rows 1-4 - Knit

Row 5 - Knit 3; * yarn over, knit 2 together. Repeat from * 14 more times; knit 2.

Rows 6, 7 and 8 - Knit

Continue Rows 5 through 8 until spa washcloth reaches approximately 6 1/2 inches, ending with a Row 8.

Final 2 Rows - Knit.

Bind off, weave in ends and trim.

19 comments:

  1. I am not a knitter, but I am really into photography right now and I really like the set up of your pictures -- Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, if I would add sandpaper to my yarn, would I be the dewiest?! See if you can work on that formula as I'm needing some more dew. LOL! Oh, the problem for me when I see these yummy textured creations on the screen of a computer is that I can't touch them. I must learn to knit one day. At least the basics anyway...The dishcloths I was lucky enough to win in your giveaway, what is the yarn content in these?? And did you make them? For some reason I thought you purchased them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those! I need to learn how to knit..........I do not know how. Maybe there is a class at JoAnn's I can take sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this pattern. I do knit and intend to make a couple of them for my niece's birthday along with some homemade soap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pattern- I always love to try something new and different (to me, that is!)
    I'm in agreement with Betty Anne- your photography is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came across your tutorial and loved it.I am just learning to knit and want to do small easy projects. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi could you please tell me what yarn you used? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any cotton yarn. Don't use acrylic.

      Delete
    2. A bamboo/cotton blend would be nice and very soft of you intend to use it as a body wash cloth. Basically natural durable plant fibers

      Delete
  8. thank you for this pattern, it is easy enough and understandable

    ReplyDelete
  9. In your tutorial you stated to cast on 37 stitches, in the written pattern it states cast on 35 stitches. Which is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my question as well 37 or 35?
    what are the finished measurements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Yolanda,,,Niagara Canada...Rose

      Delete
  11. I missed the tutorial. Could you please post the link. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have made about four of these for dishclothes, now I am gonna try making a scarf ☺☺ and add maybe tassels to the ends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello 👋, I am making this pattern again and on Row 5 where yo, k2tog for 14 times well I just notice it's 15 times then knit 2..☺ Anyway I love making this pattern.Thanks☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Could you please share what the name of the yarn you purchased. Would love to know I purchased the same one. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Could you please tell me know many stitches I would need to cast on in order to get a dishcloth that is 2” wider?

    ReplyDelete