Monday, January 25, 2010

Early Morning

I have made a secret discovery.

After 40+ years of not being a morning person,

I have found that the early morning hours are the most priceless of the day.

The darling distracters are sound asleep.




The sun greets me with a blaze of glory.




I can curl up by the fire and sip my double-strength green tea and read without interruption.





The computer stands empty.





Who knew? All these years! I've missed the best hours of the day.


Well, maybe My Mom might have mentioned this.


And maybe the Man of the House might have casually dropped a hint.


But I'm not going to ruin my discovery but mentioning it to these genetic early birds!


You won't tell; right?


Just between you and me?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, gal, I'm not going to say a word.
    I saw early morning yesterday and was able to spend some quite time with my crochet hook and yarn. Great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have always been an early bird, cannot fathom those who dont...absolutely the best part of the day...good for you for discovering this...enjoy :) double strength green tea sounds yum too...i must go venture and find some..sweet day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect - I am having the very same revelation. I think maybe the best resolution I've ever made :)

    ReplyDelete