Sunday, January 17, 2010

Winter Sunshine

It's been grey here. Grey day after grey day after grey day. And cold . . . whew, cold. And dark too. Dark early.

And when grey, dark, cold day follows grey, dark, cold day, I begin to crave light and color and cheer. You too??




So, that's why I'm giddily grateful today for the cheerful orange deliciousness of Clementines . . .





. . . right in the middle of the winter.






Can you imagine . . . right in the middle of the most frigid part of the year, some precious Clementine trees are bursting forth with happy, round, juicy fruit that will find its way to my store . . .




. . . and provide me with all the light and color and cheer that I'm craving.





I'm just saying, if winter sunshine isn't there for the taking, you may just have to go get your own.


5 comments:

  1. thank you for posting such cheery pictures, it has been a little grey and cold here too, but today it is very sunny and going to warm up and be the florida weather we all love to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the clementines in vases with a bow -- so simple, but beautiful and bright : ) I just may have to go find myself some winter sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Clementines - and the sunshine - as we've had damp, bone-chilling fog for several days down. Oh, how I crave those dry-cold days, even below zero was not this chilling.
    Ah, yes, Expresso Cheesecake, hmmmm
    Meet me for coffee and and we'll check out the Cheesecake ! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids devour clementines and would go gaga over their very own clementine tree! (Sorry kids, I guess we'll have to stick to buying them for $6.99/box.) The orange photos really do add some nice color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh delish! Love the arrangement and fantastic idea to brighten your day - you sure brighten mine :)

    ReplyDelete