Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Two Sides of Winter



With Christmas long gone, there was now a need to layout something on the dining room table to cover the bare expanse of the wood.

Christmas took all my decorating energy . . . and let's just say there's precious little of that in the first place. So, I "shopped the house," as The Nester says and found something to put together.
Something that still gives me the softness and glow and reflection that winter needs. And it's simple . . . has to be simple!

First I laid 3 octagon mirrors in the middle of the table . . .




. . . and onto the mirrors went 3 silver candlesticks with their beaded shades.






To soften up the coldness of the silver, I found a nice length of tassel trim that was left over from my curtains.




Yummmmm, I love tassels!!



And then, to tie together the warm colors of the tassels with the cool silvers, I tossed around some red mosaic votives that have a bit of a silvery sheen.


Cool and shimmery . . . warm and textured . . . love the contrasts.

Just like the two sides of winter . . . outside my windows . . . and inside, next to the fire.


7 comments:

  1. very pretty, i love the colors with the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks like you shopped at one of those fancy boutiques that cost way too much -- but you just used what you already had and it is gorgeous : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful..love the mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...that is ME above, saying that...I forgot my daughter was signed in!

    ReplyDelete