Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Plans

Oh, I am soooooo looking forward to this weekend! I don't know how long it's been since I've been this filled with this much longing for the weekend!

Would you like to know what I have on my agenda?

Well, first of all, I'm going to spend considerable time flat smack dab in front of the computer screen enjoying Teresa McFayden's new E-Zine on freestyle embroidery. She calls it "embroidery where you can break the rules." Oooh, sounds like my kind of handwork. Look at some of her beautiful work:







(source)


And then when I've had my fill of that, I'm going to sit in my comfy leather chair and read some more of this book that I'm really enjoying:





And then I'm going to approach this pile and see what I can make of it. Maybe something fascinating, challenging, and slightly edgy . . . like a couple of crocheted dishcloths. ::sigh::





It's going to be a weekend full of creative endeavors and quiet contemplations.

"Wait a minute, didn't I hear that Youngest Son has an end-of-season basketball convocation this weekend?"

Oh, wow, that's right. Okay. Well, still . . .

"And didn't Oldest Daughter say she needs you to go buy Office Professional 2007 for her computer labs on Monday?"

Ah, yes . . . ahem . . . I do have to do that.

"And didn't Youngest Daughter say her pajamas were getting too small, and Oldest Son has run out of deodorant, shampoo and toothpaste all on the same day, and Middle Son has no pants to wear to church tomorrow that come down any longer than the bottom of his calf muscle?"

Yes, yes, yes, you're right. All that does need to be done . . . this weekend.

"And didn't the Man of the House say he has circus tickets for Saturday night and you'll get home about 10:30 p.m."



(silence . . . followed by a large, resigned sigh)


Oh, I am sooooo looking forward to next weekend! I don't know how long it's been since I've been filled with this much longing for the weekend.

Would you like to know what I've got on my agenda . . .

7 comments:

  1. haha, aw, poor thing...hope you didn't wear yourself out this weekend and that you got to do at least ONE of these fun things...

    you can be counting the days until NEXT weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you didn't have to face that green curly re-do yarn. Wasn't that bag a hoot ?

    Hugs,
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Beth moore too. I'll have to check out that new book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that has to be my kind of embroidery, embroidery where you break the rules! Love vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quiet weekends - the 2 of us don't even get that, as something else will happen to change what we thought we would get to do. But the circus was good - brought the family together to relax, have a few good laughs, making special memories.
    Like the zoo visiting the circus!

    ReplyDelete