Saturday, March 13, 2010

All You Have

flickr

God will not be all you want until He is all you need.

And God will not be all you need until He is all you have.


These words were texted to me by an especially dear friend. An especially dear friend who is living them . . . and finding them true.


These words caused me to catch my breath because the journey can be so painful. But also because the journey is so healing and life-giving and freeing.


These words bring me joy because I have seen God working them out inside of me. And I see Him making this truth a reality in so many others.


"I came that they might have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, until it overflows."
John 10:10

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote.
    I feel like I have been trying to live that too - I just didn't know the phrase.
    I like it.
    A lot.

    (And I forgot to comment recently but I adore your stitching - it makes me think I want to try. You inspirer - you!)

    ReplyDelete