Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Bloggy Break


On Tuesday I heard myself say four words out loud:

"I don't have time."

No big deal, right? I mean you and I, we say those words at least a dozen times every day.

Except this time I was hanging over my checkbook. And the thing I didn't have "time" for was the balancing of said checkbook. And the reason I had to make this excuse to myself was because I hadn't balanced it in . . . umm . . . a long time, and now I was faced with a very costly error for that very reason.

I would also like to hastily insert here that I am married to an accountant and have never found him to be especially compassionate when faced with the words "I don't have time" linked with the concept of balancing my checkbook . . . especially when he's faced with a costly error as a result.

My mind immediately flicked to a hobby that I especially love . . . a hobby that shall remain nameless, except to say that it begins with a "b" and rhymes with "clogging."

I always have time for that hobby.

Which does of course bring up annoying little notions like "priorities" and "responsibilities."

So . . . ::sigh:: . . . I think I shall take a little blog break.

Just long enough to get caught up on those priorities and responsibilities. Because now that I think of it, there is that week-old basket of clean laundry in my closet . . .

and the birthday card I should've sent in February . . .

and the tub of library books due last week . . .


Yeah . . . time for a bloggy break. See you after Easter!! : )

5 comments:

  1. I hope you soon get caught up on your priorities and responsibilities. I will look forward to your return after Easter because I really enjoy reading your blog! And also your comments on mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Are we supposed to balance checkbooks? Amazing...the things you learn by reading blogs...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Lovey and hope all gets smoothed out for ya! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter! He lives! xoxo, sj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Break (or otherwise getting it all done week) to you and Enjoy this Easter. I am reminded that we have to sacrifice once in a while........good for you! See you after Easter. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a happy Easter. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete