Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sun-Dried Tomato Artichoke Chicken


Who needs another recipe of "something-to-do-with boneless-skinless-chicken-breasts"?  Definitely me!!

So, when this fascinating offering came across my path, I snatched it up.

The chicken in itself is nothing special . . . lightly floured, salted, pan seared . . . yawn.

It's what the mixture of the sun-dried tomatoes, the artichokes, the wine and the lemon juice do that make magic.  And it's quick and easy too.

Who could resist?

Sun-Dried Tomato Arthichoke Chicken

1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (I was doing well to find the dried on the spice shelf)
1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup white wine
Juice of 1 lemon (1 tablespoon)
1-14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks.  Preheat large saute' pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.  Place flour and chicken in zip top bag, seal bag and shake to coat.  Place oil in pan,then add chicken.  Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. 


Stir in wine.  Reduce heat to medium low.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced.


Sprinkle lemon juice over chicken.  Stir in remaining ingredients (except thyme and cheese) and cover.  Cook 2-3 minutes.  Remove pan from heat, stir in thyme, sprinkle with cheese.  Yummmmmmmmmm!




I would like to add that should certain members of your family find the taste of wine, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes not to their liking, the whole dish can also be thickly covered with barbeque sauce on their plate and still found quite enjoyable.  ::sigh::

5 comments:

  1. Your last comment......lol! Unfortunately, I get it. This does sound wonderful...but you did mean 2 cups and not 2 tablespoons of the cheese, right? asks the incurable cheese lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmmmm....I wish I was coming to your home for dinner. xoxoxo hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to thank you for your sweet prayers my friend...they mean a lot to me... my silly back just does not want to heal. I am going to try to head into work for a half day tomorrow....hope all goes well! Hugs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this recipe, Shelley.

    I wonder if it would be just as good if I left off the flour coating.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

    ReplyDelete