It would be a good day indeed if each and every day I could find time to do something creative . . . knit for a nice, long, uninterrupted stretch . . . work on a page of my journal . . . cook a new recipe. But many days don't allow for that kind of time investment. So, it's helpful to put a little dollop of creativity here and there, even if it's as simple as getting Youngest Daughter's bed made really beautifully and smooth with all pillows plumped or arranging all my knitted dishcloths in their little wrought iron basket.
Today my little something creative was gathering up some leftovers that I've frozen over the week in small jars and containers, wrapping them with some twine, gluing on die-cut flowers and little notes and sharing with a friend who won't cook "just for herself." (I'm afraid she's living on Panera hot chocolate!)
* Chili with Tortilla Chips, Sour Cream, and Shredded Cheese
* Italian Chicken Rice Soup with fresh Parmesan and Italian Bread Squares
* Melon Smoothie
* Braeburn Apples and Caramel Dip
* Garlic Lime Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
* Yummy leftovers put to good use
* A chance to be creative
* The joy of sharing
A win/win situation all around; wouldn't you say?