Saturday, May 29, 2010

Red Cotton

It was Rebecca Sower's Red Thread Sessions that got me itching to stitch again . . . most particularly in RED!

I have had a severe mental block/attitude problem since my crocheted bag fiasco, but seeing that beautiful red color and thinking of thread and yarn and textiles. Oooooh, I had to grab some red cotton yarn and get stitching.






I stayed as far away from the crochet hook as possible and instead brought out the knitting needles.




Nothing big or impressive, just a little something to take the knitting "itch" away and get some red cotton running through my fingers.

It's a quick dishcloth in my favorite pattern, Waffle Knit Dishcloth. Love the way the ridges get to the business of cleaning up.



I have several cotton knit dishcloths, but I'm always reaching for my one red cloth. The red makes me smile!



And I'm thinking if I pair this cheerful cotton dishcloth with some of Target's new Caldera hand soap in the Olive Oil scent (mmmm!), it'll be just the thing to show a special friend she's loved!

4 comments:

  1. very pretty, someday i hope to be able to make mine look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches are gorgeous! Really neat and even!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those dish clothes - thanks for linking the pattern!! (Mine won't look half as even :)

    ReplyDelete