Friday, January 20, 2012

Muscadine Grape Jam

Along with the rivers of hot tea I am consuming this winter to stave off internal chill, I am enjoying jars of autumn goodness that bring to mind the smells and coziness of fall.

That goodness is . . . Muscadine Grape Jam.

Please note hot tea and toast, looking lonely.




Enter Muscadine Grape Jam to bring the rustic sweetness of the vineyard right to my chilly winter table.




I have a friend who grows organic muscadines right on her property.




The grapes are harvested by these two little scamps of hers and delivered in bulging 2-pound bags, which I attempt to save for jam-making.




I regret to say that one day I lost all control and ate a full 1 1/2 pounds of muscadines straight out of the bag.    I learned quickly that the human digestive system was not created for such.




My digestive system has no problem at all, however, with multiple cups of hot tea and a slice of ancient grain bread spread thickly with Muscadine Grape Jam.

Or maybe two.

2 comments:

  1. Love muscadines! I remember picking them from the wild vines that covered the trees on my uncle's farm. Wonderful childhood memories. Your jam looks yummy.
    And, I tried to post a comment on your previous post about your Jack Sparrow necklace. I LOVE the necklace. Love it!! It even looks like Jack Sparrow. I'm pea green with envy that you can make something so pretty. Wish I were more crafy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,wedding dresses 2012,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

    ReplyDelete