Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad's Day


These are the two Dads in my life. Dad of my kids and My Dad. Today is their day. A day to honor and appreciate.


These are men of integrity, commitment, dependability. They are humorous, stern, tough, soft. They love God and they love their family. They are flawed, loved, celebrated.

And celebrate them we did, with garlic lime chicken and Parmesan mashed potatoes,



spicy sauteed green beans with shallots and red peppers,



and blueberry/strawberry/banana/peach smoothies.



I guess I'm still a firm believer in the way to a man's heart . . . .

It's not an easy thing, this "Dad" business. And my hat's off to them. Great jobs, Men!!

1 comment:

  1. Can I get the recipe for the chicken, sounds great? I found your blog through my friend Lacey and your blog is so great! Thanks for sharing.
    paggre@cnonline.net
    http://dayztoremember.blogspot.com
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete