Around midnight last night I ripped this little bootie out for the third time and by the wee hours of this morning I at last had finished it off. Finished one . . . just one. And now I must get the right bootie done.
There are just a couple of problems with this, however. First, the baby shower for which they are intended is at 9:30 Saturday morning. It is now 1:35 Friday afternoon. Yes, that's 32 hours, but in that 32 hours I must:
* Take Oldest Daughter to the downtown library.
* Take Oldest Son to basketball practice
* Take Middle Son to roller skating
* Fix dinner
* Wash 5 loads of laundry so people have underwear
* Pick up said children from said destinations
* Water My Mom's garden, potted plants, feed kitty, etc.
* Attend basketball tournament.
So, just saying, if you're in my town and you see a car weaving drunkenly down the road, that will be me, driving with my knees and madly crocheting with beautiful ecru silk.