Hope you're having a wonderful, sunny weekend!!!
Shameless Peach "Cobbler"
1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fill a 9 x 13 pan half-full with sliced peaches. Since they're in season down here, I used fresh, but you can also drain several large cans and use canned instead. (Oldest Son told me the flavor of the fresh is MUCH better). I used no sugar on the peaches.
3. Empty a box of cake mix into your mixer and cut 1 1/2 cubes of butter (I like the real thing!!) into slices on top of the cake mix.
4. Mix the ingredients until small, sweet chunks of cake-y, butter-y goodness form. (The butter could also be manually cut-in to the cake mix.)
5. Sprinkle topping on top of the peaches.
6. Bake at 350 until browned and bubbly (Sorry, I can't get any more specific than this. I go by the smell : )!! It calls all of us from wherever we are in the house and begs us to remove it from the oven!!)
7. Enjoy with ice cream. (When you use fresh peaches, it can get a little "soup-y" on the bottom with all that fresh peach goodness baking. Don't let this bother you at all. Simply ladle the soupy part over the ice cream. Problem solved!)