Thursday, August 20, 2009

Volleyball Season

(So sorry for the blurry pic. I mentioned many times during the game to the Man of the House that I could really have gotten some awesome pics if I had a digital SLR camera. He did not appear to be listening.)

Volleyball season is here! And with it comes hours on hard metal bleachers, stomach-churning matches, and long drives to locations all over North and South Carolina.

But I love this game! I love watching this game! I love watching Oldest Daughter play this game!

I love conversations that include words like "dig," "dink," and "dive." I love screaming my lungs out after a long rally that finally goes our team's way. I love the streak of pinky-red that crosses Oldest Daughter's cheeks when she's determined to win the point.

Yep, for the next 3 months you'll be able to recognize me by my stiff hip joints, hoarse voice, and the GPS clutched tightly in my right hand.

Go Hurricanes!

3 comments:

  1. I'm relating all the way on this post {and unfortunately so, on your cell phone mishap as well}....

    Hard bleachers. The shock of discovering how intense your emotions can become when your child plays a sport. But mostly, the pure thrill of it all. Priceless memories.

    Enjoyed your visit over at my place. And by the way, my studio used to be a closet here, a nook there, buckets shoved under beds, boxes living in the basement, etc. I would like to believe I paid my dues to be worthy of my own room. ha! All I know is that every time I walk through that door I get all giddy thinking "it's all mine!"

    Here's wishing the Hurricanes a winning season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Love that game too.
    We'll be doing that with girls basketball.

    Good luck to her and her team.

    ♥
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shelley!!! These last two posts have been just histarical! I too played volleyball and oh! the memories... I have a scar on my chin from "diggin'" and man that thing hurt forever and took forever for the bruise to go away - So tell your girl watch her chin!! :)

    ReplyDelete