Here are a couple of mosaics of some good memories:
Indulge me with one more mosaic!
These pictures bring back a smile or a smirk or a sigh!
After my brief 5 months of blogging, I have a list of 5 things I love about blogging:
1. Blogging is a great way to chronicle what's going on in our lives on a daily basis. I certainly wasn't doing this kind of journaling before!!
2. You readers have been a blast! You make me laugh, give great advice and give me little peeks into your own world. It's so enjoyable to meet people from all over the globe whose lives you would never touch without this amazing, slightly surreal, world of blogging.
3. My commitment to "finding humor, beauty, and joy in the everyday-ness of life" has required me to keep my eyes "peeled" to actually find these treasures. And as a result, I've been richly rewarded in the finding.
4. Blogging is a wonderful, creative outlet when I've had just a little too much vacuuming of dog hair out of carpets, collecting wet towels from various corners of the house, or scraping burnt waffles out of the waffle iron (please tell me why I should have to grease a non-stick appliance!)
5. Blogging gives me something to do with my free time : )!! Ha!
So, to celebrate 100 posts I'm going to do a "Favorite Things" Giveaway. I thought it'd be fun to share some of my favorite things with you.
First off, since you know I love knitting and crochet, I have knitted a dishcloth:
And crocheted a dishcloth just for you:
Remember when I was knitting at the pool and getting a thrill from the blue and the green together? Well, that was all for you, my dears! You were on my mind!
These were knitted/crocheted from the luscious Blue Sky Alpaca 100% organic cotton yarn in the color "pear." Most yummy cotton yarn ever created, I do believe.
If you've read my gardening posts, you know that I have been gifted with neither great desire nor great ability in this area. However, my theory is, if you can't do something well at least look good while doing it. These gloves are included in the giveaway, and they make me look like a downright professional! They're thin and tight so you can do things like tie your tomato plants onto stakes, but they also give your hands great protection.
And if your hands are still a little work-worn, whether it's gardening or bread baking or carpool driving you're doing, here is my favorite, favorite hand cream. A true classic. Your hands will thank you.
Lastly, you might remember me posting about my fabulous brother's fabulous bakery.
I'll be sticking in this little giveaway package some of his delicious freshly-baked biscotti, of course all organic and hand-made, in your choice of chocolate hazelnut or cranberry pecan. I can't show you a picture of the biscotti because I'm going to buy it fresh the day I mail the package!
So, there you have it! Can't wait to send this package of dishcloths, gardening gloves, hand cream, and biscotti off to one of you! Just leave a comment on this post to be entered. But do it by Friday because at the end of the day Friday the giveaway will be closed. (And for those of you who like to comment by e-mail instead of on the post, feel free to enter by e-mail.)
Woo-hoo! Here's to another Happy 100!